Note: The next monthly open pinball tournament is Tuesday May 2, 2017 at 7:00pm at our new location in Malvern.
Monthly Open Tournaments
Our Monthly Open Tournaments are meant to be a fun alternative to the leagues, for those who can’t participate in a full 10-week league season, but can sporadically participate in a single night of competition in a tournament. Here are some details about the Monthly Open Tournaments:
- When: The first Tuesday of every month at 7:00pm. We open at 5:00pm. Come by 6:45pm to sign-up.
- Format: We use the Brackelop software to manage our tournaments. Knockout format. Three strikes and you're out. Games are head-to-head two player games, picked at random (both game and opponent).
- Cost: $5 entry fee + $10 flat admission fee (covers play from 6pm-closing)
- Prizes: 100% of the collected entry fees are awarded as prizes
- 1st Place - 60% of collected entry fees
- 2nd Place - 20% of collected entry fees
- 3rd Place - 10% of collected entry fees
- Consolation Games: One or two games are picked as "consolation games" for the night. Tournament participants can play those games as many times as they want and try to post the high-score for the night. If you get the high-score on either of those games, you get 5% of the prize pool (10% if only one consolation game).
- Fine Print: The top 3 winners of the tournament are ineligible to win the consolation games. Also, the same person can't win both consolation games. If that were to happen, that person wins the game where the gap percentage between the top two scores is greater and the other game is won by the person with the second highest score.
- Other prizes may be awarded based on number of participants
- WPPR Points: The tournaments are recognized by the IFPA (International Flipper Pinball Association). You can earn point towards your WPPR (World Pinball Player Ranking).
- Results: To see the results from previous monthly tournaments at the Pinball Gallery, click here.
"Flippin' With the Greats" Tournament
The Pinball Gallery was one of the host sites for an IFPA-sanctioned charity pinball tournament series that ran from January 6 2014 through January 30 2014. There were lots of great prizes and a chance to go to the finals in NYC and win a BRAND NEW pinball machine! The tournament format allowed for both experienced and novice players to win prizes.
Refer to the following for more information about the tournament:
Here is a summary of the rules:
- To enter the tournament, purchase a Gridiron Great medallion (cost is $20 and the money goes to the charity). A machine is located in the Pinball Gallery that dispenses the medallions. Each medallion purchase can be used as an entry into the tournament. There is no limit on the number of medallions that can be purchased and used to enter the tournament.
- Separate tournaments are run in parallel each week from 1/6/14-1/30/14 in each of the 3 locations (Pinball Gallery, Silverball Museum, Modern Pinball NYC). Players can enter at multiple locations.
- At the Pinball Gallery, each week, 5 games will be designated as the games for the tournament that week.
- Scores on all 5 of the games are totaled. The total scores are then ranked.
- Each week the player with the highest total score will advance to the finals on 2/1 at Modern Pinball NYC and compete with 11 other players in a "pro competition" with the potential to win the grand prize of a BRAND NEW pinball machine!
- Each week the top 3 total scores are awarded prizes.
- Each week the top "novice" player (defined as having a WPPR ranking above 2000) is awarded a Pinball Gallery T-shirt and will advance to the finals on 2/1 at Modern Pinball NYC and and compete with 11 other players in a "novice competition" and win exclusive prizes.
The Pinball Gallery also host other tournaments periodically:
- Kid's Tournaments - These are tournaments just for kids (15 and under). One fee covers play for the entire tournament. No one is eliminated and everyone wins an award! Details can be found our special Kid's Tournaments page.
- Special Tournament Events - The Pinball Gallery also hosts from time-to-time other pinball tournaments. For example, on 6/13/2010 and 1/21/2012 we hosted a special all-day tournament event sanctioned by the National Pinball League. For details on these events, click here and here.